8 best reasons to buy a TC Blades custom hand made kitchen knife.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsuriru

Reaction score
tcblades_160_santoku.jpg

Once in a while, I get asked "Why should I order a knife from you?" and for a very long time, I felt this kind of question is really uncalled for, after all, it is usually the buyers that make first contact with us rather than the other way around, and I assumed by the time a prospective buyer makes contact with me he is aware of our knives, their quality, our TOS (Terms Of Service) etc. Obviously, this is not always the case, and says a lot about making assumptions. So I decided to provide you with several good reasons (IMHO) why buying a TC Blades custom made kitchen knife is a sensible choice for anyone - even total beginners. As always, questions and comments are welcome. Here we go.... :)

1) Our Skill set: We are expert kitchen knife makers - and more.

Ours is a unique vocation, and takes years of study and practice to reach a high level of expertise. We have been making kitchen knives for a very long time. We have the knowledge, the experience, and the motivation to make your kitchen knife all it should be - and more.

Kitchen knives must be first and foremost a formidable tool, possessing very specific attributes that endow them with the ability to process food properly i.e. to aid and assist a Chef in his craft of preparing great food - none of these attributes must be taken lightly or ignored by the knife maker. We are great listners, and place special emphasis on incorporating your wants and needs into the design wherever and whenever it is possible.

A knife maker specializing in kitchen knives must first and foremost be an expert toolmaker, with an intimate knowledge of knife skills as used for cooking. We also specialize in woodworking, in metal etching,engraving, and polishing, in photography, and computer graphics.
This makes us a rare commodity indeed.

We are a team of two working in tandem, constantly striving to evolve and enhance our knives, while always retaining high standards of function and beauty in every new knife that we make.

2) Nothing is ever out-sourced:

Every single knife that we make begins it's life as raw materials which we then fashion by hand into a completed, high end, superior quality, refined kitchen knife. The blades are hand forged, heat treated, ground, polished, and at times etched and engraved - all by traditional means - 100% hand made. The wooden handles and sayas that start life as chunks of wood and expertly fashioned, mounted, and fitted on to the blades - all by hand. Each knife is guaranteed to be a product of our very own hands and issued a certificate of authenticity that is signed by both of us.

3) Your purchase will literally put food on our table:

Buying from us guarantees that you know where your money is going. The money is going to the people who actually put in the effort to make your knife all it can and should be. Your purchase from us insures that the knife you buy was made with love, and attention to the smallest of details. We, the people that make your knife, are the ones that deserve your money the most for making it. When you buy our knives you know exactly who made them, and that your payment was used by us for our livelihood. In fact, in buying one of our knives you are actively contributing to a sustainable way of life that you can honestly and proudly be a part of. Can you say the same about mass produced kitchen knives?

4) Old school materials :

We use o1 carbon tool steel for all our blades. The steel used for our knives is an OLD steel type. Not only has it withstood the test of time, it excels in the properties sought after, where kitchen knife blades are concerned. Our Carbon steel knives will sharpen readily, retain their sharpness, and provide you with a long lasting service.

5) Old school craftsmanship :
The materials by themselves are not the entire story. As craftsmen, we have been working with the same materials for a very long time and know them intimately. We have reached a skill level that allows us to replicate our results over and over again with a high level of accuracy. We can, in fact, guarantee the high quality of your knife - before making it.

6) Old school service :
We are very service conscious. We are attentive, communicative, accommodating, and professional. We are always happy to receive questions and provide answers in a clear and efficient manner. Our terms of service are clear and unwavering. Above all, we are honest, positive minded people. You can be assured that buying a knife from us is not some gamble on an unknown quantity - the opposite is the truth. Buying a knife from us is probably one of the least risky transactions you can conduct on or off the internet.

7) Our knives are a far more sustainable choice:

A good kitchen knife should give you life-long service if you maintain it properly. Buying just one good kitchen knife and learning to maintain it properly on your own is cheaper in the long run, far less polluting to the environment, and far more gratifying in terms of food preparation and processing - even if you do pick up a few other knives along the way. Buying a knife from us is a more sustainable choice than buying a much cheaper but far shorter lasting mass produced knife that will most likely provide you with far less joy and far less service over time.

8) Our carbon foot print is considerably low:

Our carbon foot print is significantly lower than those registered by huge production plants that mass produce kitchen knives. Buying a knife from us, is not only a good sound choice from a consumer point of view - it also makes a whole lot of ecological sense too. When you buy a knife from us you are asserting your right for a cleaner planet, and a simpler more sustainable way of life.

And there you have it. The 8 best reasons to buy a TC Blades custom handmade kitchen knife. :)

+1
TCs knifes are awsome, their service is just great.

Hi Benjamin, I trust the knife is serving you well? Please feel free to post some current pictures of it here. I am very curious to see it after some "seasoning". :)

Back