Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanaka Blue 2 Stainless Clad In Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Dammn just might have to pick one of these up when I get the cash! Will these be available for awhile or is it just for a limited time?
    I expect them to stay for a while. A few members here asked why they can't find anyone else stock this knife even I stated they are not K&S exclusive. Well that is because I was the one to work with Tanaka first, and I ordered a lot of them so naturally no one should have received this line before I received mine

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM
    Youtube Channel,Instagram
    gtalk: knivesandstones at gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by pkjames View Post
    I expect them to stay for a while. A few members here asked why they can't find anyone else stock this knife even I stated they are not K&S exclusive. Well that is because I was the one to work with Tanaka first, and I ordered a lot of them so naturally no one should have received this line before I received mine
    James, is the handle, spine & choil treatment still all K&S exclusive?

You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    James, is the handle, spine & choil treatment still all K&S exclusive?
    Largely true, spine and choil is a K&S feature but my handles are in japan as well

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM

Are they all fairly true to the dimensions listed on your site? The 240 is listed as 50mm tall, while I was hearing word his blue 2 Damascus had started drifting toward 54mm tall. Are these all on the shorter end or do they vary to the taller side?

Quote Originally Posted by lucabrasi View Post
    Are they all fairly true to the dimensions listed on your site? The 240 is listed as 50mm tall, while I was hearing word his blue 2 Damascus had started drifting toward 54mm tall. Are these all on the shorter end or do they vary to the taller side?
    I measure a particular sample that i randomly pick but in my experience they usually vary by 1-2mm.

James

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM

Quote Originally Posted by lucabrasi View Post
    For what it's worth, my B2 Damascus is 52mm tall, and from April of last year.
    actually named Mike

I'll play:
    Three different Tanaka 240 gyutos, all 50-51mm tall.
    One from last fall and two from two weeks a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Yeah, James has some great handles. Please let us know what you think about the knife. I am so tempted by this line (not that I need anymore knives at the moment).
    Can't agree more on the handle quality from James

Ok. Then I misheard. I tend to prefer taller 240s. The only Tanaka 240 I've dealt with was a Ginsan Nashiji from Knives and Stones from his original batch of upgraded handles and f+f. It was 52 or so, gave it to my brother as a wedding gift. Great knife, though needed a touch of thinning to me.

My 240 R2 from James in May is at 51mm