Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: OUT OF THIS WORLD W.I.P.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Fastest upload speed I've seen in awhile. Go Ohio Health Corporation?

Using a work connection is cheating.

(yes, I'm a cheater)

Then I am a cheater...but an efficient one!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Using a work connection is cheating.

(yes, I'm a cheater)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1584377864.png

No problems here at my dormitory

Since we're braggin

Hold on there Speed Testers.... Let's get back to Randy's W.I.P. and save the speed test results for an Off Topic thread.

LOL, Thanks 99. I wish I had something to update on the WIP.. But its been put on hold while I finishing up a few other projects..

I do have some other really cool stuff going on and wanted to share, Rather then starting a new thread Ill just throw it out there on this one!

Today My friend dropped by and brought me a few goodies for us to play with.. MORE METEORITE!! Which some will be made into art knives.. Not damascus, Just straight up meteorite knives! These will be basically art pieces.. and wont be Heat Treated.. so although they will be sharp. They wont be meant to be used.. Unless you were being attacked by a zombie's or aliens..

He also had some other cool stuff that we are hoping to use some day on something cool!! CRAZY GOOD STUFF!!!! Another really amazing thing that he brought over was a bar of Molybdenum.. Google it.. Because I really dont know alot about it yet, and plan on doing my homework and trying to figure out what it could be used for and if we can incorporate it into a knife. Its some crazy steel thats commonly used in some of the super powdered stainless stuff we use for knives. Im not sure what the heck were gona do with this stuff.?. But some of this steel (from this bar) was used for a Mars project you know that NASA stuff.. It was used as a heat shield for a part of one of the Mars Rovers or something like that.. I dont know for sure. But do know its COOL! I was like WOW and my jaw had to of hit the floor pretty hard!

Also this week I received a package from one of our members with some cool new handle materials.. It was a box full of Hippo Teeth! Yep. HIPPO ivory!!! These will be used on a special project that will be announced as soon as I get caught up enough to think about it. lol All I can say so far is were thinking Suji. So far Im thinking Meteorite damascus and hippo tooth suji.. But havnt gotten much farther then that yet.

We are also gona be starting to make some key chains with smaller pieces of meteorite damascus, and even a few with raw meteorite ones! A limited number of these should be available in time for Christmas.. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Thats the 411 here at HHH Knives this week! There is actually another real awesome new addition on its way to my shop. But Ill wait till its here to start talking about it!

Thanks guys for checking out the WIP and Ill update it as soon as possible. Till Then HAVE FUN. and test your speeds etc.. lol Its all good!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Hello and good day. We have been super busy in the shop these past few weeks. But Im back in the groove and will be working on this project again. So far I have made a little progress. And will be cutting the ivory for the handles and starting on the blade..

Here are a few pics of the presentation box. Its not finished yet. Im going to modify the inside of the box to hold the knife and also a piece of meteorite and a piece of wholly mammoth ivory. These pieces will be able to be picked up and examined, passed around if you may. and then returned to the box for safe keeping!

Heres a few pics of the Box its made up of Curly maple, Lace wood and cocobolo. with brass hardware.
    I also attached a pic of the ivory that I will be cutting into for this knife!

As always, Thanks for checking out the thread. and stay tuned. Ill be updating it as I can with more pics and info till ths knife is completed!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out of this worls WIP box pics 024.JPG 
Views:	876 
Size:	421.0 KB 
ID:	2708   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out of this worls WIP box pics 007.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	450.2 KB 
ID:	2709  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out of this worls WIP box pics 022.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	408.9 KB 
ID:	2710   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out of this worls WIP box pics 013.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	398.1 KB 
ID:	2711  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ivory!!! 009.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	361.1 KB 
ID:	2707  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I love the visual texture of the wood, and the decorative triangle in the middle definitely makes all the difference. Are you sure the knife is really gonna spend much time in the box though?
    Len

Len, I totally agree. Best part is, no matter how nice the pics of this wood look. Its so much better in person! Its like holographic or 3-D

Ya know I hope your right and this knife rarely sees the box.

Availible Knives