Quantcast
OUT OF THIS WORLD W.I.P. - Page 2
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OUT OF THIS WORLD W.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    Last night I got a call from Jr. he was like do ya see it!!?!?! After a few seconds he told me to go outside and look UP ^^. Which I did. All I can say is WOW. the sky was lit up red with white is blueish streaks! The entire sky was glowing and swirling.. The best light show I have EVER seen! My youngest son Hunter and I really enjoyed seeing it and stayed outside watching till it went away! Good times!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming!!
    You know what they say, red sky at night...GET BACK TO WORK!!

Just kidding. The initial failure makes this all the better. This is going to be very interesting.

I missed it but this was taken near Milwaukee.

Thats awesome salty, it looked very similar to that. It was nice to finally see it for the first time.
    Randy Jr
    Please visit us at our website by clicking below

I've only seen it once in my life. I'll never forget it.

Thats how Hunter and I were feeling and Im sure We will never forget that night the sky went RED!! Thanks for sharing the pic Salty..

I cant help but wonder if its a sign from above that were on the right track.. As we looked out last night. I seen a large shooting star with a small trailing piece behind it! Looked like a meteorite more then a shooting star. Too cool!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Clearly, the gods are upset you are cutting up one of their rocks.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Thank you for sharing those pictures Randy!

Are we having fun yet? We left off yesterday 3 weld heats into the process. With this crazy looking chunk of meteorite on a handle!! lol
    Today its really alot of repetition. Heating the piece and slowly forging it into a bar. All the while adding trace elements of carbon and slagging off the impurity's in the meteorite! By the end of the day its a 12 inch bar, approximately 1 1/2" wide X 1" thick martian steel!

Looking good so far!! The forge is humming like a jet engine and the press is smashing this Meteorite steel to smithereens! As it should.. After many hours, lots of forging. Its starting to resemble something that looks like a billet!! By the end of the day we are only 4 weld heats into the process.. Randy Jr. is starting to look and feel more confident. The bar is moving under the press more normally. and were set up and ready to start tomorrow of strong!

The best part of it all is Jr and I are still smiling and having a blast forging this massive meteorite together!

Thanks for looking, comments and questions are welcomed. After many hours, lots of forging. Its starting to resemble something that looks like a billet!! By the end of the day we are only 4 weld heats into the process.. Randy Jr. is starting to look and feel more confident. The bar is moving under the press more normally. and were set up and ready to start tomorrow of strong!

Randy Jr, checking out the progress!

Back into the forge!

Smashing steel!

Starting to look more like what Im use to seeing!

Many hours of forging to get to this point! Go Jr. GO!!!!

Looks like Jr. has it under control..

Cutting the rough ends off then splitting the bar in half, prepping it for the next re stack!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

You guys have serious stones to take a weird material like this and straightaway make some dammy with it.

That picture of the sky is insane.

Incredible thread and a treat to get to watch this process unfold!

What was the steel you were sandwiching (not sure if there's a more correct term?!?!?) between the meteorite slabs in this photo:

-ah