Quantcast
OUT OF THIS WORLD W.I.P. - Page 21
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: OUT OF THIS WORLD W.I.P.

I second that!

Te sitting and admiring part! Well I guess a pass around to admire would be cool as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    We have been ready since October 24, 2011.

On with the photos!

Oh, and not sure you ever shared how you got your hands on the meteorite material, but inquiring minds would like to know.
    That in itself is a WILD and amazing story.

A few months back, I was surfing on another forum and seen a guy post about having a meteorite. Which being, well... ME! lol I shot him a PM and asked him about the piece and if he would consider selling some..

Thats same day, at about the exact same time, Randy Jr. was sitting at his house talking to one of our fellow KKF members, PM messaging back and forth talking about possibly forging a blade from a meteorite.. weird, as Jr and I had not talked about it EVER.

After I shared a few emails with the guy who has the space steel.. I come to find out, he lives about 20 minutes from me.. After a quick phone call, we made a plan! The very next day, he came over to my place to meet me. And when he got here, along with the 4 lb pieces of meteorite he brought some cool hammers that he makes and a few other things he makes. Hes quite a artist in his own right. and makes some amazing stuff!

When he left my place about 4 hours later.. I had not only acquired the piece of meteorite, that we used to make this billet of Galaxy pattern damascus! But more important, a new friend and brother! Its WILD how God weaves the fabrics of our life, and puts just the right people, at just the right time, in just the right place!!

Anyways. This piece of space steel has touched many lives already. And Im just happy to have been a small part of it!

One thing I would like to add. I am now offering this damascus as a option when you order a custom knife. So if someone is wanting to do something awesome! Please feel free t contact me any time!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Thanks for this thread, it's been fun to follow and a spectacular ending!

Glen

Beautiful result...presentation is awesome!

This w.i.p has been awesome, the knife and presentation box turned out super nice and I can't wait for your next project-thread.

Btw, this looks like a piece of candy:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...tiorite151.jpg
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

Randy(s), that is pretty damn amazing!!! Fantastic for sure!!!

Really awesome work! I like the case, and the pieces of the meteorite and the Mammoth in with the knife, too. Classy set up there and it just matches the theme!

Randy:

That knife and presentation are beautiful works of art.

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Thanks Keith. I hope to talk the new owner into letting me send it to COOP. Argualbly he best knife photographer in the world today.. Then putting together a group of pics from the WIP as well as COOP'S photos and sending them to every cooking magazine and knife mags. and home and garden mags, and well EVERYWHERE.. so this one can be seen by the WORLD!!! I think the knife and story behind it would get alot of interest and from more then one venue! Heck, I may even have a coffee table book made of the WIP.. How cool would that be?!?!?

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by HHH Knives View Post
    I may even have a coffee table book made of the WIP.. How cool would that be?!?!?
    That would be seriously cool. Sign me up for Copy #1!
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.