Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OUT OF THIS WORLD W.I.P.

Again the 2 pieces become one.. We have added trace amounts of carbon and refined it further!!

Grinding off the welds that temporarily held them together.

These pics are of Randy Jr's new house!! see the forge cart next door? Thats my house!!

Thats it for today! Finished strong with a great looking pieces of Space steel!!!

Heres a pic of the inside of the forge after we turned it off. Talk about HOT!!!! Love it!!!

Thanks Guys for checking this out.. Were having a blast and feel very blessed to be able to work with this material and to share it with you all!! Till next time, Be Blessed!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Dang man. This is seriously cool stuff you got cooking right now.

Verrrry cool stuff. Thank you for sharing the experience with us
    Len

I couldn't be happier with the progress so far this week..Thanks for checking out the WIP.. Glad your enjoying the WIP..

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I can't wait To see the finished blade!

Mmmm this is great thanks for doing the wip. At one point when I couldn't find any nickel steel for my damascus, I though I was going to have to smelt some meteorite/cast iron wootz. I found a source of steel eventually, which was the cheaper option, but i'd still like to give wootz a go sometime.
    Have fun
    Will

WOW, Im still beside myself about this, I have not been able to whipe the smile off my face this week! Its been a Great week. Jr's gona be my new neghbor and is just about done with the move, I secured more meteorite for future projects. and Scored more of that SICK Cocobolo burl! And Oh yea,!!!! WE FORGED A METEORITE!! !! It just couldnt get much better!

A few more days in the forge and this will be just about ready to add to a billet of High carbon steel! To make our OUT OF THIS WORLD DAMASCUS!!

Thanks for checking out the WIP. I hope your enjoying the progress shots and descriptions. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer. And comments are always welcomed.

I cant wait to get my grubby paws on a finished bar of Space steel damascus.. So I can start playin around and working a few blades

Were still trying to decide what pattern damascus to make first from this material, My heart is set on a random pattern, to stick with the natural feel of the material.. And Jr.. he hasnt decided what pattern he wants to do. and said it will depend on what the customers want and you guys want to see.. He also said something about how the meteorite acts after its forged in a bar of damascus.. Yada Yada yada.. LMAO!! So we will have to wait and see what he comes up with!!

Stay sharp!
    Randy

Availible Knives

Lol your son sounds like the disciplined one!

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Lol your son sounds like the disciplined one!
    Ya think?!?!?

Availible Knives

This is really awesome. I mean I know everything that's here on Earth was floating elsewhere in space at some point, but with that meteorite, that idea seems much more real. It was out far in space much more recently than the things we see around us.