Got tired of lurking

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarge

Reaction score
Just joined up here been a member over a Foodie Forums for awhile, and lurked here for almost as long as it has been up and finally decided I'd join.

:ntmy:

FF doesn't believe I'm not a robot because I use gmail, so I've never hung out there.

Good to have you!

What's in your kit?

I have a Monzaburo 255 Kiritsuke
Moritaka 275 Kiri-gyuto
KAI Wasabi 210 Deba (better than I expected)
Calphalon Katana 5.5 inch "honesuki" really more of a petty which what I use it for.

Stones King 1.2k and Kitayama

I also have a King 6k I rarely use and bunch of naturals that I have hunted down locally here in the Wasatch Mountains.

Nice to have another member from Utah, are your stones quartzite, lime, or granite, and how do they work?

I have a Monzaburo 255 Kiritsuke
Moritaka 275 Kiri-gyuto
KAI Wasabi 210 Deba (better than I expected)
Calphalon Katana 5.5 inch "honesuki" really more of a petty which what I use it for.

Stones King 1.2k and Kitayama

I also have a King 6k I rarely use and bunch of naturals that I have hunted down locally here in the Wasatch Mountains.

Neat, we need pics of your local naturals and their finish!

The Nats I'm not really too sure about the geological orgins but, probably lime and slate are my guesses I'll dig/take some photos of the results with the nats

Welcome Sarge!

What does that make? 4 of us in Utah now?

So if my utah brethren don't mind saying generally where in state your at a tad more specific than Salt Lake eh.

I live in the Liberty Wells area think of it as the western part of Sugar house

Hey Sarge, Welcome! Good to see you found the light!

Yeah thank you sir. I also must say I really admirer your work. Hopefully you're still making knives in a few years when I hopefully have disposable income.

So if my utah brethren don't mind saying generally where in state your at a tad more specific than Salt Lake eh.

Sarge, I am in Murray, but when I work in SLC I am in the Sugarhouse area. But hey, lets face it, we can get from one end of the valley to the other in 20 min.

I'm within spitting distance of IKEA, but work over in Taylorsville and Holiday.

Latest posts

Back