My humble collection

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taramonia

Reaction score
New here so I thought I'd share what I have so far.

rUj8o6G.jpg

My first quality knives from left to right: Yoshihiro VG-10 16 layer damascus nakiri, Masakage Yuki santoku, Yahiko 210 gyuto, Tanaka Ginsan 240 nashiji gyuto

K0DxDNd.jpg

All the crap that have served me until I jumped down this rabbit hole of cutlery ;). From left to right; first 5 from the original voodoo novelty set , Chicago Cutlery santoku, Kai Wasabi nakiri, no name (?) 240ish gyuto I got from the grocery store, Toshiro F-737 bread slicer, Faberware santoku, Shun honer, 3 Jewel cleaver. So the novelty set I got for shits and giggles but I ended up actually liking. The CC santoku is okay and the Faberware is, well, Faberware but they have occupied a spot in my kitchen for a while. The Kai I've really liked and seems to be a decent cheap line. The Tojiro is really handy when I do break it out, but I just don't cut bread that much. The gyuto was my daily driver for a couple years; handy little $20 bastard and would've gotten another one or two, but never saw it at the market again :( .The cleaver cost $7; nothing great but fun knife...thinking about putting a decent one on my list, eventually.

Nice. There will be much more to come.

Is that the nashiji or the shimo Yahiko? And how do you like it?

Just the plain VG10, it's just scuffed up on purpose trying to thin on a 1k and I never fixed it. It's not *bad* but in retrospect I should've just gotten a Tojiro or upped my budget a tad. I was trying to cheap out for a workhorse and really wanted a wa handle. Will likely keep it home or something once I am able to get a new 210. Either that or it will turn into my beater.

That's Tanaka Ginsan 240 nashiji gyuto looks very nice. How do you like it?

I love it really! The K&S finishing on it is super plus I am very happy with the handle James put on there. Planning on getting the 210 version eventually or the blue 2 210.

Back