Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My Goings On

If ya ever get sick of it you could prob. sell it to a crematorium? Like the ax handles too

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

I thought I was looking at an antique naval cannon at a first quick glance! That thing is a beast. You should smoke an entire school of Atlantic salmon

Devin never does anything half ass'd.

Forged in Fire

Several weeks ago I was contacted by the TV show Forged in Fire on the history channel. They asked me to send them six different damascus patterns to use on an upcoming episode. The idea was to have the contestants duplicate one of the patterns as part of the challenge. At the time, they were not sure if each smith would make a different pattern or all of them forge the same one.

From the preview it looks like they will all make the same pattern. I'm not sure if the show will mention that we made the steel, maybe we'll be in the credits. Hopefully a picture of the steel will be shown.

The episode will air tomorrow night, Tues. 29th at 6:00 pm for us in the west.

We'll see,

Hoss

very cool! "You want to show you are a great maker, then just try and match DT!"

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    Several weeks ago I was contacted by the TV show Forged in Fire on the history channel. They asked me to send them six different damascus patterns to use on an upcoming episode. The idea was to have the contestants duplicate one of the patterns as part of the challenge. At the time, they were not sure if each smith would make a different pattern or all of them forge the same one.

From the preview it looks like they will all make the same pattern. I'm not sure if the show will mention that we made the steel, maybe we'll be in the credits. Hopefully a picture of the steel will be shown.

The episode will air tomorrow night, Tues. 29th at 6:00 pm for us in the west.

We'll see,

Hoss

Good luck to them - hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

That's great though, I'll try to catch it.

I saw the preview yesterday Devin. Their making a sword called a Kpinga. Someone was going for over 100 layers.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Just saw this post, great article, story and pics! I had no idea you have been making stainless damasus since 1991, amazing. Thanks for sharing your hard won knowledge with us much newer makers!

Sincerely,
    John

This is a great article - congrats