• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

JKI 1/6k Combo Stone, JNS Synth Aoto, JNS Tsushima Nagura

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hi All!

Selling some stones here, need to thin out my collection and sell some stuff that has been sitting too long. All prices INCLUDE shipping anywhere in the CONUS, sorry no international shipping. Feel free to message me with any offers, I'm happy to give a discount on multiple items. Selling a few knives as well so if you want a knife and some stones let me know, will to work out a good deal :)

JKI 1/6K Combo Stone
$90
Best Combo stone I've ever used, hands down, bar none! Soak for a few minutes and away you go, has wonderful feedback and cuts very quickly, especially the 1k side which cuts as fast as any mid grit I've ever used. A great one stone stop for just about anything you need sharpening wise. Comes with original box, all edges and corners have been rounded, is missing maybe 1-2mm on the 1k side (white side) and <1mm of loss on the 6k side (orange)

JNS Synthetic Aoto
$75
A very neat stone and possibly the coolest looking I've ever used. Leaves a very toothy edge and is quite hard and dish-resistant. Splash and Go, haven't rounded any edges, only used it a few times (no detectable loss in height) but really a fun stone to play with. Works best if you use a little diamond plate or something on it to build some slurry. Hard to put a grit number on the edge but somewhere between your typical 1-2k mid grit and 6k high grit.

Tsushima Nagura
$40
Used a few tiimes as a Nagura on my Aizu and on a Aiiwatana Koppa. Works great as a Nagura with either, gives off a grayish slurry, laquered on 3 sides for strength/stability. Great way to open up a natural stone an get some slurry going, plus these seem to constantly be out of stock on JNS (for good reason), I got lucky and got one. Additionally, unlike a lot of natural nagura, these are a square shape and easy to hold and use as well as being quite large, works much better than some other odd shaped nagura fragments I've used before.

1051ru1.jpg

JNS Synthetic Aoto: I spoke to Maxim about this stone.
He refers to it as his 3000 grit stone.

Just some info to anyone interrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back