summer corn! how ya cooking it?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
it's here!! get the floss ready.

i love corn on the cob. what's your trick? my Persian friend..grills and dunks it into super salty water.

I'm lazy. Microwave it for 3 and a half minutes, cut off the stalk end, hold in a tea towel at the other end and squeeze it out of the husk. All the silk will stay with the husk. Butter, salt, and pepper.

IF I'm visiting family downstate (corn and soybean farmers) we walk out to the back yard, get a big pot of water boiling and pull a few ears off the stalks, peel them and dunk in boiling water for about, oh, a minute or so. Slather with butter and a bit of salt and gorge ourselves silly.

If it's store bought I'll husk and get rid of the silks then grill just until it starts to get some char marks. Then butter and salt. OR sometimes just cojita cheese OR sometimes slather with mayo and sprinkle with hot pepper and a sprinkle of lime.

ETA - AND if you can get your hands on some Mirai consider yourself blessed! No butter needed for that stuff (but ohhh so good with it)

[QUOTE=:plus1:

If it's store bought I'll husk and get rid of the silks then grill just until it starts to get some char marks. Then butter and salt. OR sometimes just cojita cheese OR sometimes slather with mayo and sprinkle with hot pepper and a sprinkle of lime.

Boil in very salty water 80% of the way and then finish on the grill if it is fired up. Serve with butter.

Peel back husk and remove silk. Soak in warm salted water. Grill until heavily charred around outside. Peel, drench in melted butter and put back on grill. Serve with fresh cracked pepper and more salt.

I've been addicted to steaming veggies lately, I feel like they come out sweeter. I did a very non scientific comparison between microwave vs steaming. The last time I made corn I just steamed it and ate it strait. I was sweet and tasted like corn. Good stuff. The time before that I puree'd till silky smooth and added some garlic I browned in butter. Also good.

Add salt like a brine, full boil, add corn, cover, remove cover at full boil, 90-120 seconds, butter and salt. Or esquites or elotes. Or kakiage with shrimp, onion, and herbs (shiso, parsley, cilantro, etc.). Or husk it, grill directly on hot lump charcoal, and then dunk in really salty ice water to wash off the ash.

Soak it, grill it, husk it. Put fresh lemon juice on it along with McCormicks Hot Shots seasoning. delicious!!

Mexican street corn!

Grill or roast it, shuck it
Lime juice, then mayonnaise
Chili powder and Mexican crumbly cheese (or cheap parm)

Enjoy!

Did these today, going in a cold corn salad.

IMG_0925.jpg

not a single corn hole joke... you people are better then this

I peel and de-silk the corn then wrap it in super thin cheap bacon then wrap again in foil, but leave the top cracked open. Put in the smoker around 350 for about 20-30 minutes with hickory wood. Serve with butter.

Back