D. Martell Petties coming available - Part II

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

I have qty. 4 - 160mm petties in O1 to make and have gathered up some interesting colored woods that I want to use on them.

I'm thinking that maybe some of you might be interested in these knives, and if so, you could claim them and then pick which combo best suits you prior to me guessing and doing what I think is best. If you help me I'll return the favor and reduce the costs by discounting each knife. See details below....

Steel Choices

O1 - $299

Handle Configuration Choices

Western (hidden tang only)

Wa Oval

Wa octagonal

Ferrule/Bolster Material Choices

Blackwood

Black Buffalo + $15

Blonde Buffalo + $20

*Note - if you have another wood type that you're thinking about please ask as I have many types of small cut off blocks and likely have what you're looking for.

Spacers

Nickel silver or copper (thin only) Westerns + $10 / Wa + $35

*Note - metal spacers will be paired along with black G10

G10 (in various thicknesses - mostly thin & various colors)

Shipping

Included in USA only

Purchasing

Please contact through PM or email if interested in purchasing.
smile.gif

Thanks,
Dave

O1 Petties.JPG

I used 1/2 of the teal maple burl block on another knife, here's what it looks like finished....

attachment.php

Was really hoping if I ignored this thread long enough someone would jump on the the combo I wanted. I should not buy another Martell petty, but they are nearly perfect small knives.

Dave, how do you feel about western hidden, orange box elder, blonde ferrule copper spacer?

Was really hoping if I ignored this thread long enough someone would jump on the the combo I wanted. I should not buy another Martell petty, but they are nearly perfect small knives.

Dave, how do you feel about western hidden, orange box elder, blonde ferrule copper spacer?

Can you picture how that'll look all finished up? I think that's a good combo Kevin :doublethumbsup:

That purple box elder... :bigeek: Dave, please do not talk me into buying this one... You'd have me at, "Hello"... :angel2:

Well then I won't tell you that it looks just as good on the other side and that it's actually a deeper darker purple in person. I wouldn't want you to be even more interested in it. :D

Dave, how tall are these pretties. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, I apologize if it was stayted somewhere.

Thanks.

Looking Good Dave :doublethumbsup:

Look what I've missed being gone so long.

-Nick

HOLY what the hell....is that really you Nick? :bigeek:

YEAH! Still got your homemade handle/board wax... who knew you'd start making knives... geez. Congrats!

Edit: I got to sell some Glassstones and DMTs so I had to find my way back here.

I have ironwood too. This block has a lot of metallic gold flash, you can't see in the picture.

Ironwood.JPG

Latest posts

Back