Thx Bloodroot for the amazing Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say how incredible the experience was working with the fine folks (Lady! & Gentlemen) at BB! From cradle to grave this experience has been awesome - communication was excellent (hopefully not too often!) and the final product is everything I could have hoped for - better even.

Thx again!

Tom

IMG_0314_zpsykfhhxbq.jpg

So whatcha got? Other than a nice looking knife with some sexy freckles of course......:cool2:

It's a 210mm/35mm(heel)/"sorta" line knife-long utility-short suji (52100 / integral) ... knife. The freckles make it IMO ... so far a whole lot of fun, nimble ... I asked for (& received) a bit O'belly (really curve from the tip) vs another profile they normally do so I can do some rock choppin for herbs, etc.

Loving the new little toy ... and saya is just kinda cool / rustic with the spalted Maple ...

Great looking knife. Congrats.

I have a question to those who have Bloodroot knives. It seems that they heat treat their blades to a harder level than most, such as 52100 at 64 HRC. Do you guys find these chippy, fragile at all? Are these still easy to sharpen?

Thanks.

Great looking knife. Congrats.

I have a question to those who have Bloodroot knives. It seems that they heat treat their blades to a harder level than most, such as 52100 at 64 HRC. Do you guys find these chippy, fragile at all? Are these still easy to sharpen?

Thanks.

Thx Barmoley - this is my first BB blade so need some time obviously (will try to follow up) you may want to ask in the knife sub-forum not necessarily under the vendor area ... there may even be some comments there (or under knife reviews) so do a search.

Holy mother... spectacular.

Thx Khorax - she's a beauty ... super stoked with this guy ... the knife is just so "Bloodroot" so couldn't be happier ...

TjA

Mmmmmmm, pretty! Bloodroot always make really nice looking knives! Plus, from the threads here, they are quite interested in the performance aspects as well. Looking forward to maybe some future comments on what you like best about it. :)

I received a paring knife from BB fashioned from reclaimed vw spring.... Really bad metal from a tarnishing perspective...
Every use resulted in unsightly markings on the blade... finally I forced a patina and that made it palatable from an aesthetic
Standpoint...

Back