Thread: 10K Stone Recomendation

10K Stone Recomendation

So, that the must-have 10K stone nowadays? Preferably ceramic and fast cutting.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I just sold my naniwa 10k. I liked it, I just didn't need it.
    Here is what I liked about it. I have a 6k stone and it cut very nicely over it. You can even make a nice milky slurry to really mirror polish the blade. I can't compare it to others though.

I have both Naniwa 10k SS and 10k Chosera and out of the two the Chosera is the faster one. I also have Jon's Gesshin 15k and I'd recommend it over the Naniwas. Jon doesn't list the 15k stone on his site so you have to email him for information.

I am waiting to see what Sigma II has to offer.

I sold my Chosera 10K a while back and now I regret it.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

i only use my 10k SS for polishing bevels after thinning, as i find the Kitayama does a much better job on edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    So, that the must-have 10K stone nowadays? Preferably ceramic and fast cutting.

M
    Patience my dear, patience.

I won't say it'll be worth the wait, because everyone has different wants and desires from their stones, and no single stone will make everyone happy.

Stu.

I don't ever go beyond 8k (SS/coticule) these days other than a few passes on a loaded strop. Even then, I don't spend more than a minute on the 8k on most blades.