Thread: 10K Stone Recomendation

10K Stone Recomendation

So, that the must-have 10K stone nowadays? Preferably ceramic and fast cutting.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I just sold my naniwa 10k. I liked it, I just didn't need it.
    Here is what I liked about it. I have a 6k stone and it cut very nicely over it. You can even make a nice milky slurry to really mirror polish the blade. I can't compare it to others though.

I have both Naniwa 10k SS and 10k Chosera and out of the two the Chosera is the faster one. I also have Jon's Gesshin 15k and I'd recommend it over the Naniwas. Jon doesn't list the 15k stone on his site so you have to email him for information.

I am waiting to see what Sigma II has to offer.

I sold my Chosera 10K a while back and now I regret it.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

i only use my 10k SS for polishing bevels after thinning, as i find the Kitayama does a much better job on edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    So, that the must-have 10K stone nowadays? Preferably ceramic and fast cutting.

M
    Patience my dear, patience.

I won't say it'll be worth the wait, because everyone has different wants and desires from their stones, and no single stone will make everyone happy.

Stu.

I don't ever go beyond 8k (SS/coticule) these days other than a few passes on a loaded strop. Even then, I don't spend more than a minute on the 8k on most blades.