That smells great!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amon-Rukh

Reaction score
I was roasting some tomatoes with rosemary and thyme the other day and the smell of the herbs brought such a smile to my face that I felt like this guy: :D

So it got me wondering what kinds of kitchen smells really get you going? For me, roasting rosemary and thyme are accompanied by the smells of sauteeing onions and garlic, the combination of eggs, brown sugar and warm butter, and the smell of pimentón at the top of the list.

carmelized onions, roasted garlic, Thai curry, almost anything my Vietnamese mom makes and almost anything my Native dad makes. I especially love anything smokes including pimenton

The aroma of bacon or pancetta being rendered is mouthwatering.

Bacon is huge in my book :)

Beer braised shortribs is a close second...

Bacon is huge in my book :)

Nothing better for most people. My Ex wife, a vegetarian, wouldn't allow me to cook bacon in the house, as the aroma of cooking bacon was the only thing that tempted her cross back to the sane side.

Bacon and caramelized onions would be on my list also. But my first thoughts are bread baking in the oven, fresh brewed coffee, truffles, panfried potatoes - with bacon and onions :)

Stefan

Pizza, especially when fresh basil is rampant in my behind the kiln shed garden. The aroma of fresh basil when it hits a hot pie is dux deluxe.

Fresh coffee,bacon,sauteed onions with garlic and fresh ginger and a good salsa pomodoro..
Oh and fresh baked bread and donuts and roast chicken ala Mom.:D

I have a pot of chicken stock on the stove right now, and it smells pretty good! There is some ballotine reside and some roast remains in the pot that give off a rather heady aroma!

+ 1 big one on the bacon! fresh coffee is good, bread awesome, cookies and such great, but bacon is the King!

Porkchops under the broiler with sage collected behind Santa Barbara foothills :p I SOO need a clipping of that veriety :p

Back