Help with beef liver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcsteve

Reaction score
How do you guys prefer to cook beef liver? We can never use it up fast enough when we do our butchering. Growing up we would pan fry it with bacon and onions then slow cook it with more onions and mushrooms.

try making a mousse but idk how it will come out. you could cube it, brine it, then marinate it, then dredge fry it like chicken.

My wife agrees with the consensus here. I made some for lunch today and she kindly told me it tasted like a barnyard.

I eat offal but I struggle with beef liver. It's that graininess

i've only had it with liver/onions.

even the chinese stir fry version is damn near liver/onions..just with green onions and ginger.

my gout makes it not worth eating it.

That said, and I don't know if this carries through to an adult cow, but I have had calf liver that was cooked medium and served with braised sweet red cabbage at St John in London and that was ridiculously good.

This topic brings back fond memories. When I was a kid we loved to go fishing for crayfish at the local park. We used to stop by the local butcher on the way and buy beef liver for bait. Five cents a pound. Crayfish love beef liver.

So to answer the question, I'd prepare it by tying a small piece on the end of a string and dangle it along the shore in front of what looked like a likely crayfish hole. When the crayfish comes out and grabs the beef you slowly pull it up while scooping up the crayfish with a strainer. We'd slay'em.

Latest posts

Back