Truffle Source?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBoar

Home cook, knife accumulator
KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for acquiring a fresh white truffle or two. D'Artagnan is $350 for 1 oz. I talked with one NY-area dealer who sells wholesale, and their minimum order is 4 oz, for ~$600. So it's a much better deal, but quite a bit more then we could utilize in the 'use within 7 day' window they recommend.

We'd be happy to split up an order from the wholesale company with one or two other people, but you would need to be in the DC area so a transfer could be made quickly after receiving the shipment.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Adventure in Food Trading Company. ask for Eric tell him Chef Son sent you and he may or may not cut you a deal. I haven't ordered truffles from him in a long time, but he always had great prices.

http://www.adventureinfood.com
1-800-233-0193

Marky's and Gourmet Food Store are more expensive. Urbani is pretty well respected, and that was going to be my vendor of choice at $195 per ounce. And if you wait until December and want black truffle go with Tennessee Truffle. It will be fresher coming from the US, and it is the same as the French black Périgord.

Tennessee Truffle

k.

Oregon white and black truffles are really good and significantly less in cost also.

The Oregon ones tasted good to me the last time I ran across some.

David,
Looks like you have a handle on source, but i had a thought if you have any leftover truffle. I am not sure how to go about it, but couldn't you make a bit of truffle oil with any leftovers.
I haven't used either truffles or the oil, but this just popped into my head.
Thanks,
Del

Back