• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

First Carbon Steel Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adletson

Reaction score
Length: 210mm
Budget: Around $80

I have wanted to try a carbon gyuto for a long time and have now gotten the money together to buy a beginner one. I was considering ordering a Fujiwara FKH but before I did wanted to see if there was anyone on here that had a knife they would like to part with. If you can make a case that spending a little more would yield a significant return in terms of performance I might could make that work, but I am a amateur at home cook with three small kids so every dollar counts! I have lots of sharpening stones, including the kit from Dave with the Beston etc. so hopefully I can handle whatever I end up with. The only gyutos/chefs I've used thus far are a Victorinox and a Miyabi Kaizen. Of the two, I prefer the belly of the Victorinox, but other than that I don't know much.

I have a NIB Suisin high carbon steel 210mm for sale.

Thanks for the feedback guys! That Kurouchi is a beautiful looking knife! I guess I'm back to saving up...

My recent experience with Metalmaster was horrible. No response except for order confirmation, no delayed delivery but no delivery at all. Has gone mad or so.

When did you make the order?
It can take him anything from 2 weeks to 3 months to deliver the stuff and there's never any communication. That's the price you pay for his cheap prices. MM is known to be super slow and silent, but still dependable. Could be it's changed of course?

Really hope you get your stuff!!!

He shouldn't accept orders without being able to fulfil within a reasonable term unless at least letting know, I think.

I have ordered from MM a few times. No communication but my knives always arrived. I paid for EMS shipping and they arrived in a reasonable amount of time

Back