• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

240mm Yoshihiro Stainless Wa-Gyuto - Stained handle and saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bprescot

Founding Member
Reaction score
Picked this guy up a while ago and is my go-to use and abuse on the go knife. Most here will know Yoshihiro's as good bargain Wa Stainless knives. There's a very good reason Jon carries them at JKI. But I just don't use this guy like I should and it would be a great "starting out" knife for someone else.

Good, but used condition with light sharpening scratches. Previous owner stained the handle and saya a light brown. Looks nice, but will have to get a photo up later. Also managed to lose the saya pin and have substituted a home-made one.

Asking $85 shipped.

Great deal! I picked one of these up for my dad for father's day and he loves it.

That's a bargain if I ever saw one.

Ah, I remember when this went up last time and you beat me to it.

I will take this if it doesn't work out.

Ah, I remember when this went up last time and you beat me to it.

I will take this if it doesn't work out.

Well, this time, I beat you to it and don't worry. It'll work out. :D

Sorry Wenus! I'm making Tinh jump through all sorts of hoops due to this no Paypal thing, but I haven't managed to scare him off yet. :lol2:

If I do, though, I'll let you know :wink:

Sorry Wenus! I'm making Tinh jump through all sorts of hoops due to this no Paypal thing, but I haven't managed to scare him off yet. :lol2:

If I do, though, I'll let you know :wink:

I think I've jumped through the latest one... Got anymore for me?

Serious knife traders are already signed up for Amazon Payments, TK. I'm hoping you didn't drive down to a 7-11 to rock the MoneyGram kiosk. :D

Hmm... Oh, you must also let me in on the secret to your sharpening awesomeness!

Nah, don't bother. Probably requires skill or competency, so I'm out of luck :lol2:

This one is sold everybody. Thanks for looking! And sorry wenus!

Well, then I'm one step closer to seriousness. And thanks for the vote of confidence.:moon:

Yeah. I've been waiting for a good time to use it.

Picture posting for Tinh and those curious Yoshi 1.jpgYoshi 2.jpg

Did the they give the knife room to grow into that saya?

Nice score Tinh.

Alright, well pass it along when you get bored with it next month Tinh. And sharpen it would ya, none of that "I let Pesky play with it for 20minutes" crap next time!

Haha. Noted, JW.
@JC: That was the first thing I noticed as well. A 270 would probably fit in there.

It came in yesterday, as promised. Thanks, Ben! BTW, how'd you sharpen it?

Nothing fancy. Just some time on the Bester 1200 and then Rika 5K, then lots of stropping on Dave's new kit for some shiny shiny! If you mean that huge front-side bevel, that's just how those guys come from ... blueway is it? Forget who used to sell these on eBay.

Wonder if they come to Jon with those crazy big bevel's on the front side...

Latest posts

Back