Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Mazaki knives, maxims newest line

Quote Originally Posted by ashy2classy View Post
    I got buyer's remorse after the purchase so I asked Maksim to cancel the order. I've been buying WAY too much in the last month and this one just didn't add too much value to my collection. I'll keep watching the thread to see how they rate. Maybe I'll try again sometime next year. Looking forward to hearing everyone's impressions.
    Yup totally relate to that myself but had no self restraint after being informed of said sale 🙄
    It’ll be interesting to see Mazaki's knives play out in the future for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
    Sorry, I only saw “gyuto” now that I re-read his post. Anyway I think that’s the KU Mazaki in Maksim’s Instagram post - looks like a small single bevel anyway
    https://instagram.com/p/BWYA8lMl-sT/

https://instagram.com/p/BWnaSaJFsdp/

https://instagram.com/p/BawJMy_lOPc/

Hopefully they’re put up for sale at some point.

Just given in to temptation and ordered one of the new 270mm gyuto's with seemingly laser like grinds. I'll give an update next week.

Almost pulled the trigger on that, the grind is so much higher than the 240. Pls post pics

The 270mm beast has arrived. Testing will start later.

What a beast

Very cool looking knife. Could you post some more pictures? It looks like a wide bevel, but could be just the contrast.

The blade roads on the Mazakis all seem to be very, very roughly finished as if someone had to hurry up finishing them all. Do they just look that way in images or do they actually ship like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Barmoley View Post
    Very cool looking knife. Could you post some more pictures? It looks like a wide bevel, but could be just the contrast.
    The latest mazaki's come with a blended convex grind rather than the pervious Heiji like grind with pronounced shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by StonedEdge View Post
    The blade roads on the Mazakis all seem to be very, very roughly finished as if someone had to hurry up finishing them all. Do they just look that way in images or do they actually ship like that?
    While their finish isn't in Shigefusa or custom territory, I wouldn't class them as roughly finished. I would say their average for this price point.