Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's your favourite/best easy meal?

Administrator
    Keith, Tampa was just a lot of rain and some wind - Did not lose power at home, did at work.

Older and wider..

Have a ribeye steak in the fridge and just prepped a salad, so it's steak salad tonight. Pretty easy..

Tried the aglio e olio thing and it was nice. Had no chili flakes, but have since bought some and will try again.

This is turning into a really good thread.

Lars

I mashed avocado with a little sour cream and a touch of lime juice, spread it on a toasted english muffin, added a layer of smoked salmon, then topped with a poached egg. Fast, easy, delicious!
    https://imgur.com/gallery/RGJb7

Quote Originally Posted by clsm1955 View Post
    I mashed avocado with a little sour cream and a touch of lime juice, spread it on a toasted english muffin, added a layer of smoked salmon, then topped with a poached egg. Fast, easy, delicious!
    https://imgur.com/gallery/RGJb7
    That looks delicious

I have several:

1.Rice + Sardine au beurre from La belle-lilloise + a glass of dry white wine. Those are canned sardines in butter, prepared manually only from fresh stuff in Bretagne. You just open the can in a hot pan and cook it 3 min warm it a lightly colour the butter. You get this flavour of melted butter in which sardine infuse that mixes with the rice. So good.

2. A good sourdough baguette + a (French) cheese platter + a glass of red wine (not too strong, Burgundy for instance) + (optional a saucisson sec)

3. spaghetti aglio e olio with good parmigiano and roasted pine nuts + a glass of stone red wine made of grapes that were bathing in hot sun beams from the south of France or Italy.

Bon appétit.

A sliced up watermelon would be my favorite easy meal. Seeded of course. Seedless fruit is the creation of satan and his minions.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

If I'm short on time I fry up a few eggs and roll them up with some cheese in an Indian naan.

Meatloaf, I love me some meatloaf. Especially the next day or two cold and used for sammiches.

https://www.amazon.com/Prima-Taste-L.../dp/B00B5NOQ74

Prima taste Laksa La Mian noodles are the bomb. Chuck an egg & deep fried tofu in with the noodles whole they cook. Garnish with spring onions and coriander. Dinner in 7 minutes

My girlfriend likes to bring one of my favorite easy meals over from time to time but out takes forever to feel satisfied. 😎

"Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski