Polishing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donhoang14

Reaction score
Hi all!

Now that I've invested in a pretty knife, I want to keep it pretty. Can anyone tell me about about polishing their blade so it looks nice and shiny again? I'm thinking of something I can do maybe once a week or a few times a week so I can feel that I have a clean new knife again. Thanks in advance!

Don

what is the knife? most standard metal polishes work well, if the blade is etched i dont recommend metal polishes they will dull and one day remove the etching (learned this one first hand). for standard blades i use simichrome

Ok so I can use a standard metal polish and then clean it afterwards with soap and water. I have a Misono Handmade Santoku with my name personalized. By it being etched, do you mean just any logo/engraving on the side of the blade or a specific way of having it applied? I think the shop I bought it from said they carved my name in with a diamond? Maybe I should consult with them too about they used.

I meant if it was more a patterned blade. If your name was actually engraved in it your good to go do exactly what you said , polish then clean

I usually incorporate polishing into my sharpening routine, or a splash and couple of very gentle passes on an unbranded 8k synthetic stone

Back