Media Second Video

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kanehiro vs moritaka - which do you like more?

Hey all. @tk: just touched up the edge after using it for about a week at work and home on natural aoto, then Jyunsyouhonyama and final stone was Ozuku Asagi followed by strops 1 micon boron, chromium oxide, and .25 diamond. First two were on balsa last on leather. Used it before I did the video earlier in the day so took it to the strops last night.

TDj: Both are great made of AS, but since I'm a lefty have to go with the Kanehiro, it feels lighter and I personally the handles on moritaka's are heavy but both are great.

haha I know, but living in Ohio you tend to get a good bit of crap weather. That's why I gave them a little toss over at the end.

Wow. Color me impressed with both the edge and the speed. I've never worked a line though....I'm guessing you have!

Thanks man. Oddly enough I've never worked the line, (at least where I work. Did in college) But I do a ton of prep and use a knife some 8 hours a day times about 6 days a week solid :) Thanks.

Latest posts

Back