Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Video

Second Video

Hey all. Second video here. Knife used was Kanehiro 240 AS gyuto on two Roma tomatoes. Lighting wasn't great it is raining here but think it turned out OK. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/agibson2.../0/_a5wTCKI7Qc

Nice! How did you sharpen it?

kanehiro vs moritaka - which do you like more?

Hey all. @tk: just touched up the edge after using it for about a week at work and home on natural aoto, then Jyunsyouhonyama and final stone was Ozuku Asagi followed by strops 1 micon boron, chromium oxide, and .25 diamond. First two were on balsa last on leather. Used it before I did the video earlier in the day so took it to the strops last night.

TDj: Both are great made of AS, but since I'm a lefty have to go with the Kanehiro, it feels lighter and I personally the handles on moritaka's are heavy but both are great.

More lighting.

haha I know, but living in Ohio you tend to get a good bit of crap weather. That's why I gave them a little toss over at the end.

Nicely done!

Thanks.

Nice chopping.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Wow. Color me impressed with both the edge and the speed. I've never worked a line though....I'm guessing you have!