• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2 Shapton Glassstones, 2 DMT Stones Clearing House

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fleetparadox

Reaction score
Hey Knifenuts,

I was a long time admirer and occasional collector but the time has come for me to sell the very last of my sharpening stones. This was a system I put together to get my edges close to mirror polish in the easiest manner possible. Basically, I'm in the process of moving abroad and I'm getting rid of everything. Perhaps I'll get into cutlery once I get settled down again but we'll see. The price is a steal for an entire set of stones for anyone to get started. Please don't hesitate to ask any additional questions.

$100 obo (+ actual shipping, USPS Priority w/ Tracking)

Payment via Paypal of course.

For sale are the following:

Shapton Glass Stones:

IMG_7437_zpsf8xxahtb.jpg

IMG_7438_zpshkffnvtt.jpg

1k & 6k. They are far apart in the assigned name but if you look at the microns it's actually a perfect jump.

For the flattening and nitty gritty of reshaping. Here are the DMTs.

Coarse and XX

IMG_7433_zpseioyq0sx.jpg

These 4 stones formed a perfect system for me. They allowed me to do anything from flattening, reshaping, and then finishing on the 6k which is comparable to an 8k stone.

IMG_7435_zpsautm1eor.jpg

IMG_7434_zpsw92bqy3j.jpg

I'll even throw in the stone holder in the photos as well as these pieces of leather that are 'charged' by Dave M. with some magic fairy dust (or is it diamond dust) for finishing up the blades as well as felt for removing burrs.

IMG_7436_zpsdgl2zbvv.jpg

I know I don't have too many posts but I had thousands over at KF and FF. In lieu of the posts here, I'm gonna have Dave M. vouch for me and share my ebay rating with the buyer. I've had tons of transactions with the fellows in this community so rest assured.

Back