Media Mario's Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Mario dropped in last night to drop off his latest for a look-see.

mario1.jpg

mario2.jpg

More to come.

[video=youtube;dWMh-Bsrg6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWMh-Bsrg6o[/video]

Very impressive knife Mario. I don't think you're getting that one back....

Wow, looks like a nice grind on that thing.

Plus, yes--that is a mirror finish, no matter how you cut it.

That knife not only looks Sweet, it performs like a champ as well!

Great knife skills as usual Salty!

great video -- I really like the tomato peel test. That knife sure performed like a champ, and had zero sticking issues. Very nice job!

Thanx for doing the video........It looks like it worked OK for you.

And you aren't taking orders yet? You're crazy! Great knife, Mario!

Cool. I like thicker at the heel knives. Definitely no flex at the handle. :)

Beautiful Mario, and as usual...Great knife skills Salty. Is that the CPM154 knife i saw at Randy's? Either way, beautiful job, Two thumbs up brother :D

Yes it is CPM154 that was HT by Brad at Peters HT to a hardness of 61.5 I was very happy with how it sharpened up. Now I just have to finish 6 more:biggrin:

So how do you like the knife, Mario? Do you feel the grind is an improvement over your previous work? Looks pretty good, from here, btw. :thumbsup:

I was going for Shigi geometry with a Carter profile.It's 2.79mm over the heel tapering to a .8mm tip.

You did a concave grind on the upper half of the blade face, or are you referring more to the thicker spine the Shiges have?

Good to see youve come over from the flat-grind-dark-side. :D

So how do you like the knife, Mario? Do you feel the grind is an improvement over your previous work? Looks pretty good, from here, btw. :thumbsup:

Salty pointed out a tweak I need to do.I am very impressed with the CPM154,this is my first blade ever with that steel.I would say it is an improvement if you like that style of grind,which I do.

You did a concave grind on the upper half of the blade face, or are you referring more to the thicker spine the Shiges have?

Good to see youve come over from the flat-grind-dark-side. :D

Did you mean convex? The right side of the blade should be about 90% convex and the left side is about 75%,I did not just convex the edge.

Did you mean convex? The right side of the blade should be about 90% convex and the left side is about 75%,I did not just convex the edge.
No, he meant concave. He's saying Shigs aren't convex all the way to the top of the knife. The top half is slightly concave.

Back