Quantcast
make deleted threads invisible
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: make deleted threads invisible

make deleted threads invisible

With the uptick in spam there are a lot of deleted threads around, do they need to be visible to users with the standard permission set?
    I don't feel it serves much purpose, and it's distracting.
    I like the idea of being able to see that a post was deleted within a thread. Mostly so we may follow the thread easier if things suddenly stop making sense after a post was deleted.

Thanks for the heads up, you should not see them, we will sort that out.

Open the profile of the author of the SPAM and click on "Add to Ignore List" to hide those posts.

You guys must be doing a pretty good job as I don't recall having seen any spam myself!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    You guys must be doing a pretty good job as I don't recall having seen any spam myself!
    I'll just say thank you for that compliment!

Yer welcome!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Open the profile of the author of the SPAM and click on "Add to Ignore List" to hide those posts.
    That's a good tip. Thanks.

Also, I was up doing baby duty in the early hours when the spam bot came online and I flagged 17 comments as spam. Just a note, I also had to wait the 60-second interval to flag spam (just like posting). When I did that, the spam disappeared from the 'What's New' and 'New Posts' view but not internally within the subforums. Just FYI.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    That's a good tip. Thanks.

Also, I was up doing baby duty in the early hours when the spam bot came online and I flagged 17 comments as spam. Just a note, I also had to wait the 60-second interval to flag spam (just like posting). When I did that, the spam disappeared from the 'What's New' and 'New Posts' view but not internally within the subforums. Just FYI.

k.
    Thanks for that!

Just as an FYI- if there are multiple posts from the same user no need to do multiple reports. We will delete all his posts at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks for that!

Just as an FYI- if there are multiple posts from the same user no need to do multiple reports. We will delete all his posts at once.
    I figured that and thought it was probably overkill, but I didn't know if a mod was online.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I figured that and thought it was probably overkill, but I didn't know if a mod was online.

k.
    Thanks for looking out for the forum!