Knives & Stones KASFLY (CZAR) Ultimate Sandpaper holder

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkjames

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As you have probably read about the CZAR sandpaper holder from this thread, as as the sole distributor of CZAR products overseas, I have say sorry to everyone that I am a bit late to upload the item to the site.
Basically, this is a sandpaper holder that is built like a tank and does its job brilliantly. Mated with some good quality sandpaper, you can basically use it as a super cheap diamond plate: aggressive and flat!

I am also doing a introductory offer of $20 off (please check out with coupon code: KASFLY20) which expires by the end of the August.

Note: please order the item separately if you are outside of AUSTRALIA as it will be shipped from China instead of K&S warehouse.

Fantastic news James! Just purchased one, what type of sandpaper would you recommend for thinning and reprofiling knives?

I use Norton 3x sandpaper bought from Lee Valley Tools. There was once a super sale that I bought so much. Will probably last me the rest of my life, but hey our knives will probably last us 5 generations:O
I am sure there are better places to buy in the States.

This is very intersting James.

Can you use it for sharpening the edge or is there a risk of cutting the paper? Or do you need do edge trailing only?

Did I read somewhere that there is a removable foam backing that allows easier convexing?

In your experience, how does sandpaper compare with coarse JIS stones for cutting speed (what I mean is does 240 grit sandpaper cut about as quickly as a 240 grit stone)?

I have never tried to shapren on a 220 grit stone but on a 150grit sandpaper is indeed very agressive, faster than any non-diamond plate i have tried.
The only problem is, you may need to replace sandpaper often if you were thinning.

In regarding the sharpening part, if you don't dig into the stone (which you really shouldn't), then you won't cut the sand paper.

J.
This is very intersting James.

Can you use it for sharpening the edge or is there a risk of cutting the paper? Or do you need do edge trailing only?

Did I read somewhere that there is a removable foam backing that allows easier convexing?

In your experience, how does sandpaper compare with coarse JIS stones for cutting speed (what I mean is does 240 grit sandpaper cut about as quickly as a 240 grit stone)?

James,

I just added one to my cart and the shipping is coming up at zero (nothing else in the cart). I didn't place the order because I didn't want to take advantage of you but you may want to take a look at that.

James,

I just added one to my cart and the shipping is coming up at zero (nothing else in the cart). I didn't place the order because I didn't want to take advantage of you but you may want to take a look at that.
If the total pre-coupon is showing 169AUD (133USD) then it is correct. I added the extra shipping in the options.

Cheers

Count me in as another one who got so excited he forgot the coupon, order #2825. Can you:biggrin: help?

So excited I caught this. I've wanted one of these forever !! Even remembered my code !!

Hello there, I tried "rest of the world" shows item out of stock. Is this item in stock? If so how much to ship it to Israel?

update: all orders were shipped last week and I have updated the shipping info in the store system. Sorry for the delay, it was due to I have to orgainse shipment to a forwarding company (waybill 1), which then ships to a local SF-EXPRESS / DHL / FEDEX (waybill2) and put on a final waybill to individual customer (waybill 3a, 3b...)

I didn't want to update the system until they are on the way to the final destinations.

Rdgs,
James

update: all orders were shipped last week and I have updated the shipping info in the store system. Sorry for the delay, it was due to I have to orgainse shipment to a forwarding company (waybill 1), which then ships to a local SF-EXPRESS / DHL / FEDEX (waybill2) and put on a final waybill to individual customer (waybill 3a, 3b...)

I didn't want to update the system until they are on the way to the final destinations.

Rdgs,
James

James,
Thanks for the update. We do appreciate the communication, sometimes folks waiting for things need to take a step back and consider what is going on at the other end, where it's coming from, etc. We aren't all Amazon with a huge shipping network. :biggrin:

I had an experience with a sale on another site, I made the sale on Sunday afternoon and received the Paypal payment. I got an e-mail Monday morning while I was at work saying if I didn't send tracking info they would cancel payment. Another e-mail ten minutes later from Paypal telling me the buyer had opened a dispute. I got it all straightened out but you have to give someone more than two hours on the first business day after the transaction to get it complete.

So, I have no problem with showing a little patience and good communication helps that. All my experiences with you along with others on this forum have all been very pleasant.

Thanks again!

Just got mine. I cannot speak highly enough about the fit and finish of this product, and perhaps more importantly, about the super friendly and efficient service. Thank you so much James. :plus1:

Just a heads up guys, the promotion ends in less than 2 days :)

Ok Just got mine. thanks James. Freaking sweet. Build is like a Rolex. A long time ago, I bought some 3M Wet/Dry polishing paper. Its AO or SI on a flexible woven backing. I never really got much use out of them, but now with this holder its a whole new game. I went from the 30 microns to 9 micron to 1 micron. What an amazing kitchen edge it left on everything every steel I had by just a new edge trailing strokes. Bing, Hello Mamma, Come to Papa!

thanks James!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered these today:

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=74729&cat=1,44047

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=33004&cat=1,43072

This tool has limitless applications for polishing and sharpening. You can now literally turn any backing lined abrasive into a sharpening/polishing stone. Normally I finish my knives on natural stones. I will still continue to do this, but when that fresh edge gets dull, a couple strops of "choose your paper" and there you have it. HA

The device itself is built like Brick S#ithouse, very thoughtful in simplicity and aesthetic. The feel of the gun metal finish reminds me of a Sebenza. In fact, the whole tool is made to that or near that spec. The way it hold the paper is absolute genius as the more the paper is pulled, the strong the grip. You can stretch the paper as tight as a drum with just a few turns and paper swaps out easily too. I've been stacking several grits on top of one another then starting with most course, just unclip each grit till satisfied. It held four 3M wetordry polishing papers. Can you tell I like this tool?

Thanks Dennis! Yeah, the tool is built with a purpose and excuted perfectly. I am feeling kinda lucky that we have someone like CZAR who not only has the skill / resource and more importantly the passion of knives to be able to pull this off.

Back