First J-knife ... Shigefusa kitaeji 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peco

Banned
Reaction score
Hard to decide which J-knife to get ... so I might as well go all in :happymug: Placed an order on the bottom one:

DSC_1061.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on this sucker :spiteful:

To be continued ...

I got this from a friend in the States - last one he had.

That is definately a beautiful blade. My limited experience with the Shigefusa (Øivind's) has learned me that this blade is one of the very best cutters around. Congrats on your purchase and I wish you the best of luck with it. You just can't go wrong with this one. Is it a kitaeji????

DarKHOeK

It has to be someone we know, right? Not many people have two Shigefusa kitaeji gyutos and one Shigefusa kitaeji yanagiba lying around. Without handles on.

OT: Congrats on the great knife!

I call him Santa :) The pic is "old" but the knife I get is new ... the other two are long gone.

... and thanks.

It has to be someone we know, right? Not many people have two Shigefusa kitaeji gyutos and one Shigefusa kitaeji yanagiba lying around. Without handles on.
Looks like one of Marko's photos to me. I know he was unloading some Shigs a while back, wonder if he had one left over (that he forgot to send me).

Looks like one of Marko's photos to me. I know he was unloading some Shigs a while back, wonder if he had one left over (that he forgot to send me).

Busted. Well, I was keeping this one for reference, but my shop rent is due so there it goes. Glad it found good home.

All other Shigefusa that I had have been either sold or bespoken.

M

That's who I thought it had to be also.

Edit: Oh look, Marko and I posted at the exact same time.

Back