• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shigefusa 150mm kurouchi single-bevel petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmccurtis

Reaction score
Up for sale is a Shigefusa 150mm kurouchi single-bevel petty. I purchased it used, and according to So Yamashita, it's quite old. No idea how old, but it has Shigefusa's old style handle, according to So. It has some pretty interesting texture to the kurouchi that I've not seen on another Shigefusa. The knife's in good condition, with a tiny chip directly below the kanji, and a slightly blunt tip. I can fix both for the buyer if desired, but neither has caused me a problem, so I'd leave them. It currently has a working polish and edge from a Takashima suita. Very sharp but a bit streaky in the polish, so I can also repolish for a buyer if desired.

Weight: 100g
Heel-to-tip: 150mm
Height: 32mm

240 USD shipped worldwide.

vyQfX4B.jpg

ipydiPN.jpg

mIjkkWo.jpg

CNFrpzp.jpg

Bom9GPl.jpg

JGdqKBi.jpg

And it's sold! Thanks for all the interest everyone. I didn't expect it to go so quickly.

Anybody heard from So Yamashita recently? I've been trying to contact him about a couple of stones but am not receiving any replies to my emails.
Tom

Back