• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gengetsu, Kagekiyo, Shiro Kamo, Tanaka, Harner

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanjams

Reaction score
Hey all,
looking to move a few knives. I'm open to what you've got in trades, too. I am willing to ship internationally, but we'll have to talk terms. Thanks for looking!

Up first is a lightly used Gengetsu 240mm in semi stainless. ~48-49mm at the heel. Used it to prep a couple of days, touched up on 6k. Amazing cutter but hasn't really clicked with me yet. Some patina on the core steel. Looking for $320 shipped conus.
0B-qkbChUkiyvNXdscE01QmJpUjA=w2850-h1518-iv1

Next is a new Kagekiyo (not JKI) 150mm ginsanko petty in 150mm (tip to machi) and about 30-31mm at the heel. Looks to be a nice little knife but I use my 180 petty for just about everything and already have a couple petties in shorter lengths. Looking for $180 shipped conus.
3PhhUrWZjwkj2LCv3LuIBHlo1Cgr3xi_uL1XFlckMOLNrPxqimeF3_Ebc1eIfuT2hhRUyOjWw2XYG4I=w2850-h1518-rw

Next I have a Shiro Kamo migaki sujihiki in iron clad blue 2. ~270mm heel to tip and ~31mm tall. Purchased from cleancut last December. Thin, slightly flexible slicer that served me well when I was cutting more crudos and such. $170 shipped conus.
0B-qkbChUkiyvcHl4bWp4cUR0cW8=w2850-h1518-iv1

Reluctantly listing my 240mm Tanaka Ginsan migaki from Knives and Stones, probably the only batch we'll see. ~51mm at the heel, taller and with less belly than the newer nashiji I had, and pretty much laser thin with James' nice ebony and buffalo horn handle. Some scuffs from use and saya storage. I have a Ginga that covers my infrequent laser needs so I'm willing to let this one go. $190 shipped conus.
0B-qkbChUkiyveTFENF9KWjVQZjQ=w2850-h1518-iv1

0B-qkbChUkiyvT2RKZE55TGU4U1k=w2850-h1518-iv1

Finally, I have a Harner line knife in stainless, I believe in XHP, with a baby k-tip and leather sheath. A little over 210mm on the edge and about 40mm at the heel, it makes a lot nicer all-arounder than other line knives and 210 petties I've tried, with a sweet grind and taper towards the tip. The short western handle is plenty to grip while keeping things compact. I still prefer a light 180 petty on the line so will pass this one along. Asking $290 shipped conus.
0B-qkbChUkiyvU1J0VjRyNC0yRms=w2850-h1518-iv1

More pics here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-qkbChUkiyvSVBCX3EyaGVSUnM

Oops, Tanaka is 240mm, edited. Stainless clad ginsanko

Tanaka is spf, you are second in line ewebb. Sorry!

That Tanaka is my all time favourite knife. Not the best all rounder but still favourite. Congrats for grabbing that very rare gem for the new owner! 👍🏻

Kagekiyo and Tanaka sold, feel free to shoot me trade offers

Hey, somehow missed your post. Gengetsu, Shiro Kamo and Harner still available

Latest posts

Back