Checking in with a query

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardey1988

Reaction score
Hi, I actually already had a account but when I answer the "random question" it's saying it's wrong. So I don't know if I answered it wrong originally (I don't know how, its a very simple question).
Anyway I've rejoined in the hope that a old thread could be dug out of the archives so can view the pictures again, as I'm hoping to sand down my Shun Fuji and re-etch it. It's not too much of a worry if not as there is quite a detailed guide for re etching elsewhere on here, but I did want to view the end result on my actual knife. It's saying 3rd party hosting is required, if that's no longer available it's no worries.

cardey1988/cardey88 which name would you like to go by? As soon as I know, I'll merge the accounts into one and the 2 posts of cardey88 can be more easily found.

Is this the thread you were looking for: Damascus Steel query

And if any photos are not seen, remember Photobucket changed it's terms and many, many photos across the internet are not seen due to it.

Hello again, I had lost this thread so I asked this in another thread sorry if this gets confusing, i'm not looking for any old posts of mine. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/archive/index.php/t-19864.html this was the thread I was hoping to get the pictures from. The pictures are links to photobucket, but I wasn't aware of the change in it's terms, this does seem to be the problem though. Does that mean there is no longer any way of viewing them?

Correct. Unless the person with the photos pays photobucket, they will not show here.

OK thanks for the info. *shakes fist at photobuckets policy change*

Just one more quick question. With the knife etch I'm doing, will I be able to post some before and after pictures on the relevant thread on this site? Or would I need to pay for a photobucket account to do that?

You should be able to upload directly to this site. We don't need photobucket.

Just one more quick question. With the knife etch I'm doing, will I be able to post some before and after pictures on the relevant thread on this site? Or would I need to pay for a photobucket account to do that?

Use an image host that's not PhotoBucket. IMGUR is widely used despite them implementing increasingly annoying "features" as they seem intent on becoming the garbage hosting sites they sought to replace.

Ok that's great thanks, i'll be sure to show my progress on the relevant thread. Thanks again.

Back