• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nagura Stone Set

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Up for sale is a set of very beefy high quality nagura stones. All have different properties. All finishers. The Ozuku is the hardest of the bunch, followed by Narutaki, and the beautiful pear-skinned Shinden is the softest.

Take note of the Shinden... It was cut from an Awasedo that had one too many fissures. Its been sealed and stabalized with lacquer. Some people are fussy about this kind of stuff, so I disclosed this information and priced the stone accordingly, but it's a high quality stone from Mount Atago, so definitely worth saving.

These will not auto slurry, but will create swarf to some degree, but best used to kickstart your honing process on larger stones. All sealed with multiple coats of lacquer

Shinden Kiita Nashiji Lv 4 - 103 grams - 51x39x31
Ozuku Mizu Asagi Lv 5 - 100 grams - 51x38x24
Narutaki Asagi Lv 4.5 - 85 grams - 54x34x19

$135 for the set shipped CONUS

Individual pieces: $45 each, shipped CONUS

FDYpHxM.jpg

v9bxnbN.jpg

TIp497I.jpg

woeoqge.jpg

P5PNBsq.jpg

Adding this to the mix; also cut from the Shinden Awsedo. Worth noting... this nagura is a very fine finisher but also a fast cutter, and creates a slurry that breaks down into a creamy mud that will leave a kasumi finish and a killer edge. In the image below, 3 minutes from creamy slurry to gray thick slurry and super sharp edge.

$45 shipped.
Shinden Kiita Nashiji Lv 4 - 91 grams - 49x39x31

Narutaki and Ozuku still available. $120 takes them all.

cmuiO4i.jpg

FSj2dmR.jpg

8zhJtUM.jpg

LQ3zFkA.jpg

SPF - Shinden Kiita Nashiji - 91 grams

Still available:
Ozuku Mizu Asagi Lv 5 - 100 grams - 51x38x24
Narutaki Asagi Lv 4.5 - 85 grams - 54x34x19

$60 for the lot or $35 each, shipped CONUS

Back