New Day - New Forum

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
Thanks Dave! I now have a place I can post about my boards and not get shot down and threatened.

Now, for anyone reading, I am only to happy to answer questions and share what expertise I have on the subject of cutting boards. Just post a question or comment and I will respond as quickly as I can.

Glad to see you here, David, I missed your input in the place that must not be named :)

Stefan

Very happy to be here!!!!!

I am busier than ever and looks like this year will be even busier. I just signed a contract to be in a craft gallery close to home that may give some extra exposure to my goods. Last year was good and I am just now catching up from the November/December rush. Once I am caught up I can start to make the back stock I haven't had for a long time. I now have a young fellow who comes in every day after school and Saturday mornings to clean the shop for me. One less chore I have to tend to which gives me a little more time to build.

I have a couple of ideas for my boards that I just might get the time to try now. There have been some other ideas running around my head that I plan to try but those will take some extra planning. Once I get the new designs started, I will offer photos here for your approval. I will also appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have.

On the bad side, my mother died on 12/23 and settling the small estate she left has proven to be more complicated than I expected. She did get a very good lawyer to handle her will and he has been terrific. She did leave some cash that my brother and I will split and I will turn a portion of that back into the shop with a couple of new tools and accessories. Once I get some time I will get a plaque placed in the shop in her honor seeing as how she is helping even though she isn't around.

Funny thing. As a tender lass of 19 in 1934, she took out a life insurance policy for $390, paying 25 cents a week until it was paid up in 1954. When I applied for the benefits, all AIG would pay was $390. I wonder what happened to 57 years of dividends and interest? BTW I have the original policy in the safety deposit box.

Anyway, I am really happy to see so many names I recognize here and hope that this forum will be a stellar success.

Personally I am glad you are caught up, as I just ordered a board last week. I am very much looking forward to seeing firsthand what everyone raves about.

I am sorry for your loss. If my math is correct, 95 is a full life though. Hopefully a happy one.

Glad to see you guys are still together nothing like a great team. Oh and Dave glad to see you start your own forum as well as bringing David with you. You two fill a lot of wishes and good luck with the new venture.

Joe! Nice to see you here. Haven't heard much from you in a long time. Hope Dawn is okay.

Hey David, still got to work out options on a new board, been procrastinating, and the missus figures the board I want is "too big, why cant you get a little one?"

I can relate. My wife initially okayed an 18x36, but of late is having some second doubts. Lucky for me, though, the order's already in!

Great to see you posting again Dave!

Just dropped off 18 boards at UPS this afternoon, 4 more will go out by Priority Mail tomorrow, 1 to an APO, 1 to Finland and 2 to Sweden. Now I can clean up all the loose ends I have hanging and get back to building the back stock so people don't have to wait.

Ben, tell your wife your board will be glued tomorrow. The mahogany looks a little light but it will still have a nice reddish tone to it.

Awesome Dave! Will do. It'll go something like "Well I'd love to get a smaller board honey, but I just got word that the one we ordered is nearly done!" In all seriousness, though, we're both super excited. Though we were both surprised to see 36" measured out on the counter. It'll fit though!

Just dropped off 18 boards at UPS this afternoon, 4 more will go out by Priority Mail tomorrow, 1 to an APO, 1 to Finland and 2 to Sweden. Now I can clean up all the loose ends I have hanging and get back to building the back stock so people don't have to wait.
have a nice reddish tone to it.

<Looks at countries> Hmm, dang, Singapore still isn't on that list. Here's hoping the backlog gets round to me soon. David will have to ship this one over though.

My friend carried a Magnum back from the US for me.

"Sure, sure, how big can a chopping board be?" he said... now he knows better. Good friend.

David, please let me know if you have seconds or nearly dones or simple boards. I'd like a cheap small one to do garlic/herbs and oddball tasks so I don't need to wash the Magnum after cutting an apple...

Latest posts

Back