Knife bag or roll recommendations?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mano

Reaction score
I'm looking for a utilitarian 8 knife roll or bag and want to know what folks here, especially pro's, use.

Steve Goodson's leather rolls set the standard but they're out of the picture for me.

Johnny Chance posted something in nylon filled to the brim and I'd like to know what it is and how he likes it. A google search brought up Messermeister Wusthof Global and Henckels.

I prefer a soft cover strong nylon, handle and shoulder strap.

I love my chef pack, its awesome i use to use a knife roll but it can be awkward to carry and hard to find room for it at some places. plus the back pack has more room and have all my tools in there they fit just fine. Plus i carry a laptop and everything else you can imagine.

I believe cktg has it if not check jbprince

Johnny Chance posted something in nylon filled to the brim and I'd like to know what it is and how he likes it. A google search brought up Messermeister Wusthof Global and Henckels.

Must have been my Ultimate Edge in the "Working Knives" thread.

I like it, fits mostly everything size wise. Spaces for bigger handled knives and smaller handled knives or accessories. Pretty durable so far, only had it about 6 months. I would use edge guards in it though. I bring a ton of knives to work, and I still have room for a few more. The accessories portion is pretty good, one large mesh zippered pouch and 2 smaller ones. I just wish that section was slightly wider and the pouches had a bit more give to them so they could expand for bulkier items if needed. You can to an extent, but a bit more would be better. There is also an upgraded model that has exterior pouches as well, but mine doesn't have those.

Just got a messer 8 slot roll from Amazon. Very nice, fits 300mm yanagi with says no problem

Ultimate Edge Deluxe 18 pocket knife kit

[video=youtube;lsbIIQoJKCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsbIIQoJKCI[/video]

Man this guy is registering multiple accounts... For f-advertising???

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh what happened here? Did I miss something?

Madmel and Pesky were responding to and quoting a spammer. I deleted his post, and the quoted section in madmel's and pesky's posts so that his spam links would be removed from there as well.

Back