Best BBQ Sauce Recipe?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your favorite BBQ sauce recipe? I'm always trying new store bought small batch type stuff and can never find one quite right. I'm at the point where I'm ready to dial in a recipe and start making my own. What's your favorite?

Let's try this again...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16115/bourbon-whiskey-bbq-sauce/

first link was while on my phone, sorry about the mix up!

This is...almost good enough to bath in. It's the perfect blend of smokey, sweet, spicy, and the bourbon ties it all together nicely.

It's da bomb on dry rubbed ribs (I do not sauce and smoke thank youverymuch!). Also killer on grilled pork anything and chicken.

Should be illegal on smoked chicken thighs...

ETA and yes, it is better after mellowing for a few days.

All sounds good but I make BBQ sauces that have to be pre-cooked before being, we'll cooked. I think it pushes the flavors too far. Eah, each to their own right.

These sound like great table/dipping sauces. For Mop sauces, I like cider vinegar, shredded onion, black pepper, salt, sugar, copious red pepper flakes. Strain and spray. Great for pork as we all know, beef needs no basting while cooking.

I prefer the Carolina style vinegar BBQ. Don't like sauces with too much sugar in them.

So I did smoke some ribs and thighs this weekend. Made the sauce the day before. Yum.

For the record I only add sauce after the meat is done cooking, and even then not everything gets some sauce. Some of the best ribs I've every had only had salt, pepper, and garlic powder on them. Perfect balance of seasonings to porkiness that I've yet to duplicate.

We had a few of my daughter's friends over for a sleepover. One didn't do ribs (heathen!) so I grilled her some hamburgers. She used the sauce on the hamburgers instead of ketchup (my girl!) and went back for more. Hmmm, something I never thought of.

Now the recipe makes a lot of sauce. I'm going to try freezing some and see how it holds up.

Back