Quantcast
GMT -4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: GMT -4?

  1. #1
    The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    1,872

    GMT -4?

    Just curious as to why the forum was changed from EST to GMT -4.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Just curious as to why the forum was changed from EST to GMT -4.
    It's the same thing, you know.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

  3. #3
    Because we are all socialists now.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    SpikeC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    3,773
    Another Commie plot.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

  5. #5
    I didn't realize anything had changed but like Rick mentioned I too think it's the same thing anyway.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Just curious as to why the forum was changed from EST to GMT -4.
    Because we are special. Next we change the number of hours to 23.5.

    M


    "If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

    If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

  7. #7
    The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    1,872
    Correct me if I'm going crazy, but EST is GMT -5. On my screen it says it's 10:57pm, when yesterday it would have the same time as it is currently (9:57). I would assume it has something to do with daylight savings coming up?

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Correct me if I'm going crazy, but EST is GMT -5. On my screen it says it's 10:57pm, when yesterday it would have the same time as it is currently (9:57). I would assume it has something to do with daylight savings coming up?
    Yeah, you're correct, we're not on standard time yet, it's still DST.

    BTW, it says GMT -5 on the bottom of my screen, or 10:33 PM.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

  9. #9
    TIME IS AN IMAGINARY CONSTRUCT CREATED BY CARBON-BASED LIFEFORMS TO MONITOR THEIR GROWING DECAY.

  10. #10
    The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Yeah, you're correct, we're not on standard time yet, it's still DST.

    BTW, it says GMT -5 on the bottom of my screen, or 10:33 PM.
    Weird, mine says GMT -4. Oh well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •