Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fixin to get sporty

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Just got power back. Hope you ok dave.
    Glad your ok panda. Hope your Honda made it through unscathed.

As bad as it was in Florida billions in damage, they were fortunate that it started to loose steam esp. on the back end which would have been worse for the west end of Florida.

St. Martin, British Virgin Islands look like war zones. Total devastation.

Administrator
    All is well here, except the tired part. No power at work, except the ice cream freezer (yeah!). Go figure. Feeding 150 residents + staff, three squares with a range top and a couple Anovas. Everyone safe, no damage at home (never lost power in the mandatory evac zone). Color me fortunate.
    Older and wider..

Quote Originally Posted by daveb View Post
    All is well here, except the tired part. No power at work, except the ice cream freezer (yeah!). Go figure. Feeding 150 residents + staff, three squares with a range top and a couple Anovas. Everyone safe, no damage at home (never lost power in the mandatory evac zone). Color me fortunate.
    Glad to hear you are Ok Dave.

Looks like ice cream pancakes for breakfast?

I read that the storm surge was much less ferocious than feared. I hope that this is true. I hope that all you FL people and your families and houses are Ok.
    You may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful knife
    You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Glad to hear everyone here in Fl is safe. Still haven't seen any photos from Key West but Marathon looks pretty rough.

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Happy to hear you're okay, Dave. Hope your power is restored soon. I recall it took a week to get ours back after Ivan tore up Pensacola, and it was a looong week.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Good to hear the Florida folks survived ok. Where I am, I didn't even lose power, though a tree went down in my apartment complex. There was some bad flooding in some neighborhoods. Most people took it seriously which was good considering at one point it was forecast as category 1 winds in my town which is as far inland in Florida as you can get...

The pics of Tampa Bay where the water receded look crazy.

Yeah waiting to see news on the Keys. That was a giant storm. Glad to hear you guys are safe.

Lol my Hondas safety was my first priority and had her parked in middle of a 3 story garage at a local college. I did have to fill up with regular 87 gas cause that's all is available, put in octane booster. She is not happy so no vtec until I burn all this off and refuel with the proper stuff.

Looks like Naples got pounded.

I lost power again and might not get it back until weekend, but got cell service back. Lack of a/c is killing me. Going back to work tomorrow but we lost all our food except for dry goods so got a sh*t ton of work ahead of me next few days.

Glad to hear you guys are all ok!

J