• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for billips gyuto any length.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucewml

Reaction score
Same as title says. Just let me know. Thanks so much bruce.

Just wait 2 years like everyone else. Sheesh

That's the problem. Cause the book is closed. Otherwise I just wait for that. Lol

Books closed + few of them out there + they're keepers = extremely long shot to find one ....

Also note that a few years ago, Andy was working on knives year-round. Then he decided he could only farm during farming season, so knives get made in the winter. Two years is an extremely optimistic wait time. I joined the list in February or March 2015, and I'm still waiting. But I think I'm pretty close.

Also note that a few years ago, Andy was working on knives year-round. Then he decided he could only farm during farming season, so knives get made in the winter. Two years is an extremely optimistic wait time. I joined the list in February or March 2015, and I'm still waiting. But I think I'm pretty close.

I think two years is extremely unrealistic .... given that he is not even close to reopening the books! And I assume that he doesn't open them when he has finished all open orders but rather 6-10 months before that date .....

He has almost always made knives during the winter only. When he does do knife stuff in the summer it is still 99% farm/family, 1% knives. He also tries to get a lot of forging done during the winter and then he will have some things he can work on when it's hot out and has time in the summer.

My comment was based on an email message he sent in May, 2016, saying that he'd realized he couldn't farm full-time and make knives. His message made it sound like that was a change from how he'd been operating previously, but I can't say for sure.
He told me I was about 15 orders away back in February, 2016, so I think his annual production is pretty low. Although I did see a post on his IG that he was working on a few knives this past summer, so maybe he's found some ways to make more.
Whenever he opens his books again, I'm gonna guess that they fill up quite fast.

Whenever he opens his books again, I'm gonna guess that they fill up quite fast.

You can be sure of that!

The question is: when will they? I talked to him a couple of times last year and earlier this year, and he admitted that he had no idea when he could realistically open the books again. Last year he mentioned it would be "years away".

If he knows more or less how many knives he can make a year and knows how many are left on the list..... he either doesn't wanna share when he most likely opens them again (understandable, to avoid creating pressure and expectations)..... or his list is still very full and he has years worth of open orders.

Either way, it's great for him. I don't have a problem with that whatsoever. But it's easy for me to say LOL

Just keep at it you will find one. Try contacting him and telling him you will give him some extra juice on top of the price. Everyone has a price..:pirate1:

Back