Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technivorm Moccamaster

Sounds like you got the basics right. In my humble experience beans need a week of rest after roasting before they taste right.
    Also, don't expect perfect coffee like the coffee chops can produce unless you are prepared to spend a lot of money.
    Just be happy that your coffee is better than 95% of what the rest of the world consumes.

Lars

Lars, I don't see why the MM could not produce a near perfect golden cup. I think its a matter of getting a few variables dialed in. I've never tried fresh roasted beans, I heard they off gas more than caned whole beans. I don't want to get into roasting my own, but you guys know me.

The journey is kinda exciting though. It's akin to wine and food for that matter. Can't wait to spend some time at the Counter Culture clinic this Friday. I'm going to bring with me: ground beans, whole beans and brewed coffee for FB.

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Mucho, it's an awesome journey! It was only ment as friendly advise. A really good grinder for example could set you back a couple of grand.
    But it is a lot of fun and you seem right on track. A clinic is a great idea imo. Hope you have fun and please share your journey with us here at the forum!

Lars