Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Thread: Finger Stones ..... Polishing and ?????

Finger Stones ..... Polishing and ?????

I'm sadly hooked on J-Nats now, the collection has officially begun. Fell in love right away, can't get out now. I have been looking at finger stones and have read a lot about using them for polishing. I have also come across a lot of information where people are sharpening with them. They don't mention whether they are sharpening knives or razors but I am assuming razors. Am I wrong? Do people sharpen knives with finger stones? What else do you use them for? Please enlighten me ...... and probably my wallet, LOL!

Hi!

Finger Stones are just a cosmetic thing! here is an example from maxim ( https://youtu.be/XdEbipbmqiM?t=241 )
    well thats it.. youll never touch the edge with fingerstones.. its just for the looks.

because youll never be able to polish a never perfectly plane blade with a flat stone. theese small thingis can take on every flatspot and give a even result.

Yea... sharpening using finger stones would take forever and you wouldn't acheive a remotely acceptable edge nor probably even raise a burr, not to mention you'd have to go through A LOT of finger stones lol

Quote Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
    I'm sadly hooked on J-Nats now, the collection has officially begun. Fell in love right away, can't get out now. I have been looking at finger stones and have read a lot about using them for polishing. I have also come across a lot of information where people are sharpening with them. They don't mention whether they are sharpening knives or razors but I am assuming razors. Am I wrong? Do people sharpen knives with finger stones? What else do you use them for? Please enlighten me ...... and probably my wallet, LOL!
    sharpening with a finger stone sounds like a one time event: after that you will have no finger left.