My BoardSmith board and Kitchen Film Setup

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naifu

Reaction score
I have a 18x24x3 walnut Boardsmith cutting board which allows just sufficient room to put a Tablecraft KK3 KenKut film dispenser behind. This simple setup provides the ultimate in convenience and efficiency. Since this board is so big, I can dispense a little to wrap say and onion or avocado even if the front part of the board is a little messy. I am wrapping things meats, vegetables, and cheese more often than before because it is so convenient, and my food is staying fresher longer than when I used ziplock bags and plastic containers.

The frustrating days of using small rolls of plastic film with the serrated cutter are forever a thing of the past. I bought two 3000 foot rolls of plastic film and hopefully this will last me quite a while.

Iirx3iz.jpg

I am embarrassed to say I just put the food service plastic wrap's cardboard box up against my board :O It has the same type of cutter, which is worlds better then the stupid metal teeth on the little Saran Wrap boxes.

For a home cook the food service wrap is awesome -- lasts a very, very long time, and cost per sf is way, way below the supermarket stuff.

Im buying a couple of those holders for work, I'm so sick and tired of broken plastic wrap boxes and struggling with wrapping at the end of the night.

Im buying a couple of those holders for work, I'm so sick and tired of broken plastic wrap boxes and struggling with wrapping at the end of the night.

I think you will like these. You can swap out the sliding with a serrated cutter which is probably better for foil.

Back