Hello from Alabama

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForestryProf

Reaction score
Only recently found this forum; I'm a long-time cook and lover of scary sharp things...been shaving with a straight razor for years. I only hope that this forum does not lead me into yet another very expensive addiction.
Cheers,
ForestryProf

Welcome.

Auburn or the other one?

And are you talking about the knife addiction or the stone addiction? We also have sub-addictions for wine, cigars, food, beer, booze in general, and cutting boards to name a few.

Welcome.

Auburn or the other one?

And are you talking about the knife addiction or the stone addiction? We also have sub-addictions for wine, cigars, food, beer, booze in general, and cutting boards to name a few.

War Damn Eagle!

Yes, yes, and yes indeed!

I've already got a pretty good set of norton waterstones and a Belgian coticle for my razors...I hope that will serve me well for a while at least. I'm a long time lover of single malts. I don't consider food an expensive addiction as I can create much better meals at home for much less than the cost of going out for a mediocre meal. Fortunately, I'm a rabid woodworker and being a forester I'm often able to find wood/lumber sufficient for my own needs...thus, cutting boards are an excuse to get out of the house for a couple of hours in the evening (sometimes my choice, sometimes a recommendation from my wife ;-) ).

It sounds like I've found a community of kindred spirits. Looking forward to getting to know y'all.
Cheers,
ForestryProf

Welcome!

Looks like we can safely assume that no trees will be harmed as test subjects for your knives and sharpening.

Au contraire!

Trees are the ultimate renewable resource (and a $22 Billion per year industry in the state of Alabama alone).

Use what you need...we'll grow more!
Cheers,
ForestryProf

Back