Quantcast
SLT Kramer sharpening Kit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SLT Kramer sharpening Kit

SLT Kramer sharpening Kit

Any one noticed the $300 worth of Kramer sharpening kit SLT is offering now? I guess that name goes a long way.

It is a little overpriced, but I look at it as a good sign. If you can sell water stones and a sink bridge to everyday folks, it's a good sign for the high end cutlery market and it's accessories.

I wonder if these stones are rebadged oem stones, like how the Miyabi stones are Choseras.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

A little over priced? I seriously doubt very many "everyday folks," even one's that cook for a living are going to see this as a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I wonder if these stones are rebadged oem stones, like how the Miyabi stones are Choseras.
    The stones are backed with glass

Oh snap - Glasstones.....that's the best thing that GS's are good for - marketing through the glass backing - brilliant!

Lol! I think high end knife popularity is good but they should not advocate people putting a $400 knife on the stones themselves if they are ill-informed enough to pay that much for mystery stones.

I don't know why there's any hesitation. It says RIGHT THERE on the site it's a $475 value. So it's clearly a super bargain. (To be read as deadpan as manageable).

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    A little over priced? I seriously doubt very many "everyday folks," even one's that cook for a living are going to see this as a good deal.
    There are plenty of worse deals at SLT that people gobble up all the time. How much would a 3 stone and sink bridge set cost you online? Add the standard brick and mortar markup, and it isn't that outrageous. They know what they can sell it for. They know making it MORE expensive makes it more desirable at the same time, to a certain type of customer.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Maybe those Occupy Wall Street people are right. Some people just must have too much money if this seems like a good deal to them.

Assuming that they are Shapton Glass stones. An online vendor has a three set going for $178.00.
    A sink bridge for $54.00.
    A nagura for $22.95.
    A Murray Carter Sharpening Video for $34.95
    Total = $289.90

What Sur la Table is charging for the set, doesn't appear to be over priced.

Jay

+ Reply to Thread