Quantcast
Sushi Book Recmmendation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sushi Book Recmmendation

Sushi Book Recmmendation

Hi

Im looking for a good book that is detailed but approachable about the skils of sushi making, things id like it to cover are how to select and cut the fish, different roll techniques, how to do things like pickling the fish, variuos methods for sushi rice etc.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    not quite what you're looking for, but the hands down best book on sushi i've read recently
    http://www.amazon.com/Sushi-Food-Eye...0030767&sr=1-9
    just bought it.

Just ordered it last week
    Len

Still love zen of fish. Not instructional, but educational

I have this one. I am no sushi expert, but the presentation is nice and informative for someone looking to learn the basics.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Thanks guys

I already have two of the books here, just ordered the book Jon suggested.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    not quite what you're looking for, but the hands down best book on sushi i've read recently
    http://www.amazon.com/Sushi-Food-Eye...0030767&sr=1-9

I just looked at your link. Nice book. I'll be ordering one as well. (You should look into getting an Amazon referral through your website; though I understand Amazon's new sales tax vendor arrangements may not allow it since you are in Cali.)

"Edomae Sushi" by Kikuo Shimizu just arrived at my desk today. I started reading it while eating my lunch, and so far it's pretty good! Very engaging, very interesting. This one's not so much about the techniques but very much about each ingredient and how to treat it, when it's in season, etc etc.

Amazon only had one review on it, but I'm glad I took a chance on it.

I'm also glad I was eating broiled mackerel while I was reading through the first bit - very fitting to be enjoying seafood while reading about it
    Len