Quantcast
Halloween Fun - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween Fun

Hmm... photos of the doctor didn't really come out, and that pumpkin is now completely toast. That's okay. My wife tried to free carve "Police Box" on the Tardis ... didn't turn out that great. Anyway, tried to take another pic, but there's now a crack right through Mr Tennant's face...

I'll finish the last one in time for the in-Laws visit this weekend!

Mickey:

Tenth Doctor and Tardis:

Oh, and if any of you photo people have advice on how to take these kinds of photos, I'm all ears. Don't know if it's my camera or what, but I think I might spend more time trying to snap decent pictures of these guys than I do carving them.

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Oh, and if any of you photo people have advice on how to take these kinds of photos, I'm all ears. Don't know if it's my camera or what, but I think I might spend more time trying to snap decent pictures of these guys than I do carving them.
    Honestly, I've found that the best pics are ones of the pumpkin in broad daylight. It's nice to see it illuminated, but the real magic is only visible in person.

Yeah. Unfortunately most three-tone carves look nonsensical until they're lit up. Well, I'll figure it out eventually. I know a lot of guys stick a shop light in the pumpkin to get enough light for the camera to operate. Maybe I'll just swing by home depot tomorrow and try that.

Photo software that allows you to mess with the contrast and other stuff can help a lot. If you can shoot in raw so much the better.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Did you try a tripod and longer shutter time. This way it will make it look brighter and also no blur. But if you have only a point and shoot then tripod and no flash.

Crazy week. Completely forgot to post these. Was able to extend the shutter time and rig a tripod. Still a bit blurry, but not horrible. Painting and pumpkin are side-by-side.

Impressive, Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Impressive, Ben.

wow