Wood Blocks For Sale - Long Overdue Project

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
this project has been in works for a number of years, but finally, I am coming around to do it. It all started some years ago when a friend of mine offered a collaboration in finding exceptional woods, drying, processing, stabilizing, and offering it for sale. I liked this idea, as it gave me an access to a wide variety of woods, without spending a fortune on acquiring the blocks myself. My share of the bargain was to bring the blocks from raw state to a market, which in itself is quite a lot of work. Life got in a way, so it took a while to make this project a reality.

The vast majority of blocks are of exceptional quality. This batch (more to come) has koa, amboyna, redwood, buckeye, bog oak, birch, sindora. All blocks are professionally stabilized by K&G.

I put them on the web site, where you can see pictures and prices. I still need to get SSL certificate to enable web commerce, but if you are interested in a block, please email me and I will follow up with a paypal invoice.

http://www.internationalburls.com

If the block is to be used on my knife, I am offering a 10% discount off the price of the block, applied at the time when the knife is completed. I also will do my best to maximize the use of the wood, so there is no waste. Most blocks are large enough to have some wood left over, to be used for handles for smaller knives, inlays, etc.

Please contact me if you have any question.

Many thanks,

Marko

Highlights from this batch. See all at www.internationalburls.com.

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Dang, I checked it out when you first posted, but you must've added more wood in the meantime! :doublethumbsup:

I am still waiting for SSL certificate and also need to troubleshoot the settings. The shipping rates are assigned automatically, a bit high, I need to fix that as well.

In the mean time, I could send PayPal invoices if anybody is interested.

Thank you

Back