Fowler passaround Spoiler

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
Remember this? I just sent the Fowler Wrought Iron san mai on to WildBoar. My thoughts on the knife will be along shortly!

I've been meaning to write mine too, but where did mr. fowler go? he kind of fell off the earth.

I've wondered the same, but he pops up from time to time, and I've seen pics of his newer knives. I was always o the fence about his stuff before, but the new ones make me want to give one a go-around.

He's alive and well, and just put this jewel in the mail:

pentiger.jpg

Yeah, a 240 and I also got that petit gyuto that was advertised on the other forums and he is making a sheath for it. I think I am going to use that as my travel knife.

k.

I have one of his 240 gyutos with a convex grind. After a little tlc (slight profile adjustment to pick up the nose a bit, and some sandpaper on the spine), it is a knife worth far more than what he was charging when I last checked.
His W2 is pretty amazing.

I have one of his 240 gyutos with a convex grind. After a little tlc (slight profile adjustment to pick up the nose a bit, and some sandpaper on the spine), it is a knife worth far more than what he was charging when I last checked.
His W2 is pretty amazing.

975$ for a 270 dammy gyuto does not seem under priced to me.

Well, I've been away from the forum for awhile, but I was just contacted by Wildboar for the Fowler pass around, which I joined ages ago. First off, thanks to Wildboar, for contacting me, & to Niloc, for letting me jump him in the line (I live in Alexandria, VA & it makes sense to pass it on to me, instead of sending it up to NY).

I'm so happy I got this right before Thanksgiving, while I'm still unsure of my sharpening skills, I don't mind testing it for prep. This year for T'giving, I'm smoking 2 12 lb. Turkeys on my WSM, making pickled shrimp, bean dip, spinach-Parmesan side dish, & maybe, roasted cauliflower w/pomegranate seeds & yogurt cheese. How's everyone else's T'giving prep going? Once I run this lovely knife through it's paces, I'll mail it on to the next person. Thank you again to Mr.Fowler for letting us use his knife, & give our feedback...Thistle/Linda

Sounds delicious! I just got delegated to doing stuffed mushrooms and rolls for a friends get together. that may not be enough for me....

I just sharpened a 260 gyuto from Stephan and his W2 is some of the best i've ever sharpened. It took a killer edge and released the burr faster than anything i've had before.
Looking forward when it is my turn to use the knife...

I need to get my comments and some pics up for the pass-around knife. Should be able to over the long weekend. It was a knife with personality!

My T'giving was great, I'm still walking around in a food coma. I think my smoked turkeys were a little under, so I sliced off the breasts (which were done), & hacked up the carcasses for stocks- have 3 different ones going in crockpots. 1 will be a turkey pho, for my daughter, who LOVES pho ga-she only eats the noodles & meat, I like the bean sprouts, broth, & Thai basil (I can take or leave the noodles). I have lots of family coming over tomorrow, so I will use the knife for prep, for whatever I come up with-hope everyone is having a peaceful holiday weekend...

Back