225mm gyuto for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
Up for sale, 225 gyuto with wenge handle. the steel is PD-1 from Carpenter steel. This steel has the same composition as the old vasco-wear. It is made by the pm process and Carpenter steel is known for producing very clean steel. I've been interested in this grade for some time now. We've made several knives from this steel and really like it. It has fine grain, high hardness, and was developed for higher wear resistance and greater toughness than D2.
Several steel companies make a similar grade, we like the Carpenter material best. Takes a keen edge.

Paper micarta ferrule, ivory micarta spacer and wenge wood handle. We wire brushed the handle to give it some texture. I initially made this knife for myself to test the steel. It has been completely refinished.

Price is $675.00, I'll cover fees and shipping and wave the handle upgrade fee. International shipping will be extra.

Thanks,

Hoss

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7863.JPG

IMG_7864.JPG

IMG_7866.JPG

IMG_7868.JPG

It's clad with 416 stainless. Thanks everyone. If you look close you can see the core weld line.

This one is sold.

Hoss

Yeah, the other pm was one minute before Rick's post. Thank you everyone for your support.

Hoss

Im the lucky winner, looking forward to trying a devin in 225

Looks like hoss should make a few more lol pleeeeease?

Awww, too slow. I have been wishing for one of these for years! Excited to see that you're hard at work again Hoss.

Latest posts

Back